Support Salus - Give Hope
DID YOU KNOW THAT ONE IN FIVE PEOPLE WILL SUFFER FROM A MENTAL ILLNESS AT SOME TIME IN THEIR LIFE?
It could be you, someone you know or, someone you love.
We are surrounded by the heartbreaking stories of the devastating effects of mental illness changing the lives of people of all ages. We hear about them, we read about them. We talk about them.
EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS.
SALUS IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. YOU CAN HELP.
- For nearly 300 Ottawa adults living with severe mental illness, Salus provides comfortable living arrangements in supportive environments, either as independent tenants or in transitional housing
- The Salus model is changing lives everyday. Through the Salus model of supportive housing and support, adults with chronic and severe mental illness can find independence, recovery and the opportunity to enjoy a quality of life that many never dreamed was possible
- Salus gives peace of mind to families who don’t have the means to support family members with severe mental illness
- Salus give comfort to elderly family members who worry what will happen when they can no longer provide support
- Every year Salus helps adults with mental illness transition from chronic hospitalization and homelessness to a life of hope and independent living
- Salus helps people stay on medications, maintain their therapy programs, and recover from addictions
- Salus creates “home” environments that encourage people living with mental illness to become more active, less isolated and part of a community
- Salus provides two vital ingredients for adults with mental illness whose wish is for a stable and productive life - hope and home
Why not add your name to the growing list people who are deciding to do something about mental illness in our community? Consider making an online donation to Salus today.
Or consider these other giving options:
Become a monthly donor by joining our Monthy Giving Program. To join this program please contact Salus directly as listed below. Monthly gifts are receipted annually in January.
Gifts in Honour
In Memoriam gifts are a meaningful way to honour the life of a friend or loved one. When Salus receives your gift we will send a card to the family of the deceased informing them of your kindness.
You can also celebrate a special event in life like a birthday or anniversary with a gift to Salus. When we receive your gift we will send a card to the individual to acknowledge the gift and in celebration of the special event.
Some companies offer a matching gift plan as a form of corporate philanthropy. This means they match an employee's donation made through the company with one of their own. If your company has this option within their corporate giving plan and you are considering it, talk to your payroll department and ask them to contact Salus directly as listed below for more information.
Considering Salus in your will? We would be pleased to provide you with more information about this giving option.
You can receive a charitable tax credit for the full market value of your gift at the time of transfer.
If you would also like to find out more about the specific fundraising needs that you can help support, or any information regarding the giving options above please contact:
613-729-0123, extension 2222
Charitable Registration Number: 12985 6340 RR0001